Thanks for attending our 8th Annual DVACROA Conference, Thursday, March 3, 2016 at Villanova University!
2016 Conference Attendees: Please complete our conference evaluation.
Visit our facebook page for photos from the event!
- 9:00-10:00 – Registration, Networking and Breakfast
- 10:00 – 10:30 Keynote Speaker
- 10:30 – 11:00 Networking Activity
- 11:00 -11:45 Breakout Session I
- 1.1 – Diplomas: Paper and Electronic, Now you need both!
- 1.2 – Flip the Org Chart to Achieve Organizational Effectiveness and Excellence
- 1.3 – Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Conversations
- 1.4 – Campus Security – Active Shooter Preparedness
- 12:00 -1:00 Lunch
- 1:15-2:00 Breakout Session II
- 2.1 – Attendance Tracking – Working across the institution to get it done
- 2.2 – Implementing a New Reporting Tool – Sounds Simple, right?
- 2.3 – Working with Veteran Students
- 2.4 – What’s in a name? Conversations about gender and gender identification
- 2:15 – 3:00 Breakout Session III
- 3.1 – How the University of Pennsylvania delivers world class student service and enhanced web presence via “Ask Ben”
- 3.2 – Improving Student Retention and Persistence with Three Tools You May Already Have
- 3.3 – CRM For Enrollment: Making It Work
- 3.4 – Delivering quality service while adhering to FERPA
- 3.5 – DVACROA Interest Group – Learn more about being a part of DVACROA
Keynote Speaker: Catherine H. Connor, Interim Dean of Enrollment Management, Villanova University
Cathy Connor has been a member of the Villanova community since 1977 and has served in a number of roles, including University Registrar from 1993 to 2001, when she became Associate Dean. As Associate Dean, Cathy oversaw the Office of the Registrar, Retention Services and the Information Management Group that administers technology and analysis for all areas of Enrollment Management. Cathy is currently serving as Interim Dean of Enrollment Management. The Dean’s areas of responsibility include monitoring student enrollment, retention, merit scholarships and need-based financial aid trends. As interim Dean, Cathy directs the Offices of University Admission, Financial Assistance, University Outreach and the Registrar.
Cathy has been a member of several key University committees, including the Administrative Technology Committee, the University Building and Space Committee, the Banner Coordination Committee and the Enterprise Resource Planning Due Diligence Committee, which is investigating new integrated software solutions. Cathy was a founding member of the Pennsylvania Banner Users Group (PA BUG) which networks PA higher education Ellucian Banner institutions through its annual conference and other best practice sharing opportunities. Cathy has presented on a variety of topics at AACRAO, MSACROA, Ellucian-Live and PA BUG.
Cathy Connor holds a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Pennsylvania State University and a Master of Science in Computer Science from Villanova University.
Registration and Payment Info
The conference registration fee is $60.00 per registrant (attendance is free to presenters, however).
Make checks payable to DVACROA (Sorry, no vouchers, purchase orders, or credit cards). Mail payment by check or money order to:
c/o Karissa Zerr, Treasurer
Office of the Registrar
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
25 University Ave
West Chester, PA 19383
- Checks will be accepted on-site
- If submission of payment is to be made by your accounting office, please ensure your name is on the check stub or a copy of your registration (this message) is included with it.
- DVACROA Tax ID #352352098
- If you require an invoice or W9 form prior to payment, please contact Karissa Zerr directly at KZerr@wcupa.edu